4 down 2 to go...

 

Last Wednesday, I finished my 4th Chemo : )  One of my College BFF's brought photo albums from the early 90's to reminisce and decipher... Who were these people? How did we get around without Google Maps and Cell Phones?!  It made the time go by quickly and we laughed ALOT!  It reminded me how lucky we were to be in college before the internet : )

I also officially switched Doctor's.  My original Surgeon is headed to Stanford and I now have another AMAZING Surgeon : )  Plan is 2 more chemo's (9/4 and 9/25), then full body scan.  I will start on Letrozole (hormone pill everyday.)  My CA 125 (tumor marker) is down to 46, before my surgery it was over 500. 

While I was getting chemo, Andrew was taking Cam to get his license! The day after chemo, all three kids started school.  The boys are Juniors and Izzy is a 7th grader.  They are ALL on 3 different morning schedules.  Ewan leaves 1st, Izzy 2nd and Cam is driving to school with Late Arrival.  All 3 are running XC and Ewan will try out for Hockey this weekend.  Needless to say, it is quite crazy in this house.

As for how I am feeling after this chemo, it is MUCH better than the stomach flu!  I am SO fortunate the medications control my nausea.  I still have sweats from the steroids and the chemo.  There is fatigue, sometimes because my sleep is interrupted and sometimes because I just need to rest.  I have found I have to really make sure I stay hydrated because from all the sweats, I am dehydrated.  But overall, I feel I am fortunate.  I just have to pick and choose what I can and can not do in a day.  



Comments

Popular Posts