5th one down and only 1 more to go!


I got to spend Chemo #5 with Jen Borucki : )  We watched Friends Episodes, like it was the 90's!  There was lots of laughter!  Everything has been so far so good.  My CA 125 is now down to 34.  Normal is 30 or less and before my surgery it was over 500!  I was texting with my friend Beth tonight who was with me the Wednesday before my diagnosis and surgery, working the Pole Vault for track!  We were raising and lowering the bar on and off the mat!  We were thinking back to the moment and I determined, because I was so active before surgery, I did so well after surgery.  That is why I am focused on staying active this next month.  
I have one more chemo left!  I am so fortunate to say those words. I really am excited to go back to work!  I miss all of my work people and children!  I will need a full body scan after my last chemo.  I will start on Letrozole, a estrogen suppresser, a pill everyday.  It can cause stiffness but that is why I am going to start swimming as well as walking this month.  
On a side note, one of my BFF's who right before me was diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer is now looking for clinical trials. The 2nd chemo she tried, her tumor grew again.  She did get a pain block on Tuesday and we are hopeful it will help with her pain. Please keep my friend Suzy in your thoughts and prayers.  If anyone knows a promising Clinical Trial, let me know!  She did apply to the Tcell Clinical trials which are what we dreamed about when I started working with Cancer patients.  
Thank you for all of the support and positive comments!  

 

Comments

  1. Great news!!! We will have you and Suzy in our prayers. Love, Joy & Dad

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts