3 down...3 to go...

 


At the halfway point of chemo!  Like all those years of playing softball...3 strikes, 4 walks, 3 outs, 1/2/3 base hit or homerun : )  I am just thankful, for right now, I have an end to chemo.  I know people who do not have an end to chemo.  I have been at chemo with people who have finished the 6th chemo and have to come back for another year of chemo, every 3 weeks.  

So as I spent yesterday getting chemo with my Big Sister, I could only feel thankful, this was the halfway point and I am so fortunate my cancer came back as low grade ovarian, instead of high grade ovarian.  My next step after 3 more chemo's will be a scan and a pill every day of hormone therapy.  I know I still have a ways to go but it feels like an accomplishment, making it through a surgery, and three chemo's!

Today, I feel the steroid energy!  I had a hike with one of my favorite people at one of my favorite places!  I am constantly in motion keeping up with the kids and keeping them fed!  I have been taking it a little easier than after the last chemo.  I was definitely more tired after the last chemo so maybe taking it a little easier will help.


Comments

Popular Posts