We have a Plan


low grade serous carcinoma ovarian cancer...after weighing all of the options, I start chemo next Thursday.  Carboplatin and Taxol...fatigue and nausea are expected but there are lots of medications to manage the nausea and I am expecting the dexadron will combat the fatigue for a few days.  Goals are hydration, eating what I can, rest and walking twice a day.  The plan for chemo day is already set.  I have the best people in my life!!

Every 3 weeks for 6 treatments, then scan and hormone treatment letrozole...that is the plan, unless it changes.  I feel confident I will be chemo ready next week.  

Packing my chemo support backpack and scheduled a wig fitting.  I can not commit to the cooling cap and insurance pays for a wig, not the 2000$-3000$ for the high maintenance cap.  I am not that attached to my hair, since half of it was shaved when I was 4 for my craniotomy and I have worn a hairnet at work since the 90's.  

This picture was before the shave.  My grandmother (the one on the left) crocheted me caps and (the one on the right) bought me the fanciest dresses.  Hair will grow back and maybe my wig will have bangs : ) 

Comments

Popular Posts