Happy Father's Day and Day 3 Post Chemo



Happy Father's Day to all the Father's and the people I know who have to step into the role, occasionally or all the time!

Every time I look at old pictures...I think where did the time go?!  They tell you it when they are babies, it all goes so fast...but it feels like time stands still when they are little for a while...then you just dive right in to kindergarten.  You just learn how to stay organized until you are at the point you only come up for air to survive the schedule.  The boys will be starting their junior year and baby girl will be a 7th grader.  EVERYONE will be running XC (Oh and my hockey player will still be playing hockey : )

As for Chemo, so far so good.  No real nausea.  Some fatigue and hot flashes but overall manageable so far with the medications I am taking.  Hair is still intact for now.  I still have an appetite and eat small frequent meals while on the Dexadron.  I still like getting back into the kitchen to cook and I think my kids do too : )  

Still cognizant I only had surgery 5 weeks ago and adhering to the rest of my restrictions.  Tomorrow is a day I could hit a wall of fatigue, we shall see.  In the mean time, I am going to do what I can do when I can do it...day by day : /


Comments

Popular Posts