cancer patient....
It started Sunday...10-14 days after chemo...that is when your hair can start to fall out..it was a hair here...a hair there...a few hairs here...a lot of hairs there...I was cooking on Tuesday...my people were over celebrating a birthday. Wednesday morning in the shower...it was a tragedy...literally a pound of hair...there were bald spots on my head. I went to hang out with a friend. I was finding giant hairballs. My scalp hurt. I woke up Thursday and I needed the hairballs to be gone. My niece, my sister and great nephew came over to shave my hair. Nothing makes you feel like a cancer patient when you are losing your hair in chunks. Fortunately, my wig appointment was the same day. I hopped in the car and hopped into my wig! Then had the best evening with my people at dinner!!
I used to say, my head and neck cancer patients had it the worst. They really could not cover up their surgery scars. All my neurosurgeons try hard to cover the craniotomy incisions. But cancer patients that lose their hair draw a natural attention if there is no hair. My wig is fun and easy. I have cute turbans and scarves. My first surgery scar was my craniotomy at 4. Half my head was shaved. No one sees my new surgery scar, which I am quite proud of because I was out of the hospital in two days. Between my c-section scar and my cancer surgery scar, there is an upside down T on my abdomen...






Comments
Post a Comment