Home
It felt good just to be home. I had spent a lot of time in The James but not in that way. There were flowers, cards, gift cards, fruit and gift baskets...meals were delivered...visits from the people I love...just being near my kids...I could walk outside and not down a tiny hallway over and over again.
Everyday, rolling out of bed became easier. I could walk a little further. I had to make sure my bowels were moving consistently. I switched up my medicines and went off Zofran and Oxy and it worked! By day 6 post op I was only taking Tylenol and Ibuprofen.
By day 10 post op, I was going out to breakfast with my BFF. It felt good being out in public.
All of the texts and phone calls filled with love and support, to quote my neighbor, filling my basket.


Comments
Post a Comment